Everyone Wants To Be SEO Professionals

The work day started very promising, as there weren’t much clients online to respond. I was looking into some new SEO strategies that seemed to be very much promising. After the lunch break I thought of getting a breakthrough in my research (will reveal soon). AT this point I got a phone call from an Indian. He wanted to speak directly to our administrator regarding some SEO services. Well I put him on my Admin’s phone line as I thought this will be a big fish Client from India with lots of knowledge about SEO.

The conversation seemed to continue for about 30 minutes and I was under the impression that we just managed to get a huge order for our SEO services. But after the conversation, my admin seemed to be irritated. This was not another “Huge Client” as I expected. Well, he was a “Cosmetic Surgeon”. I know what you are thinking right now. If he was not calling for SEO services, what business does he like with our firm? Oh man! You guessed it, he wanted to learn SEO! Not for promoting his own website, but he wants to start his own SEO company.

While I was speaking to my admin, this cosmetic surgeon ringed back again and now it was my time to deal with him. Here is the conversation

Caller: “I spoke to your admin, regarding starting my own SEO company. Basically I am a cosmetic surgeon”

Me: “You gotta be kidding”

Caller: “Man I am a real surgeon but you know the market is down, and I am planning to earn some extra cash and I thought SEO is the best option”

Me: “Okie! But SEO is a deep ocean, you can’t offer a service without knowing all about it”

Caller: “Yes, that’s right but I know a lot about it and now I thought I can gain more knowledge from you guys”

Me: “Alright, can you tell me what you know so far about SEO so that I can continue from that point” (I know the fact that if he knows a lot about SEO it will take weeks for him to explain it to me.)

Caller: But he made that simple “It is making websites appear in the first page of Google results by getting many backlinks”

Me: “Backlinks? See, that’s not the only factor that decides whether the website has to appear in the first page of Google results”

Caller: “I see then what are they?” I told him that it will take months to explain it

Caller: “Well then prepare an email on that and send it to me”

Me: “Will Do” “Click” hung the phone

An email? Even if I write an e-book on SEO, it will be a never ending story. So he is never gonna get the email from me. I am sure that he will start his SEO firm soon (he thinks that all he needs is a laptop plugged online and a few contacts). 

Just another day to find a guy killing the great SEO profession.


0 comments to "Everyone Wants To Be SEO Professionals"

Post a Comment

About SEO Chat

As I am working with one of the leading search engine optimization firms in India, I am communicating with lots of clients from around the planet. Some conversations will end up unfolding great search engine optimization strategies, while some others will reveal that there are people who still have to learn a lot about SEO. I will be sharing the outcome of my communication with clients so that it will be helpful for everyone to learn and share a lot about Search engine optimization



SubmitinME